Thursday 2 June 2016

Why should we hire you?

This is a popular interview question
Following are 4 sample answers
Sample Ans 1:
In my XXX years of experience as a manager, I have build-up a solid motivational and team-working skills. I was awarded twice as the manager-of-the-year for my excellent methodologies for motivating employees to encounter challenges and meeting deadlines. If hired, I will carry forward this ability of leadership and strategies for achieving profit gains to this position.
Sample Ans 2:
The subjects I chose while working for my degree in XXX subject have prepared me for this particular post. Also, my two-year experience working with company X has given me the platform to master the skills that I needed to deliver for this position. It seems as if I was prepared all my life to land this job.
Sample Ans 3:
For this particular job, I have the perfect combination of skills and experience that is required. I also bring the experience of strong analytical and problem-solving skills that I have gained while working with other companies. My dedication to excellent work standards will add value to the team and the company.
Sample Ans 4:
I am quite aware of the company’s mission of acquiring the largest consumer base in the area and to become the front-runner in supplier’s or provider’s community. My domain knowledge and hold over the customer base can make a big contribution towards this. I would really enjoy this challenge of growing this business bigger.
Tips
  • Emphasize on your uniqueness but keep it concise
  • Highlight your strength, skills, and your accomplishments
  • Give an example that describes you as a quick learner
  • State or provide some evidence that shows how you contributed to the growth of the previous company in terms of revenue, goodwill, and brand
  • Include your research you made on the company- for a smaller company you can say- your company is open to new innovative ideas
What not to say
  • Try to avoid saying- I need a job, money or this place is close to where I live
  • Focus on what can you do for the company rather than what they can do for you
  • NEVER DO THIS- comparing your skills to others. The natural instinct to this question is we usually start comparing our skills to others, when this question is put through.
Add your answer in comments below

No comments:

Post a Comment